Wednesday, January 1, 2014

That cliché "it's a whole new year" post

I started 2013 kind of high on lortab and a little more miserable than I would admit to myself. Honestly, I was just sad that 2012 was over. "Twenty twelve" is so fun to say.

I made the biggest mistake of my life this year. I let people treat me worse than they should have, and I cried a lot. Like, a lot. I got three new siblings and my family moved to a different state. I started, and stopped, going to college. My bff/roommate/soulmate moved out and I got a new one who LOVED sports. I went to a lot of movies by myself.

But I learned how to be happy, even when everything fell apart.

I like 2014 Emily a lot better than 2013 Emily.

This Emily laughs more. This Emily is moving to London. More importantly, this Emily has kissed boys old Emily only (literally) dreamed about kissing.


No comments:

Post a Comment